Here are some common reasons why people get turned down for credit:
1. It’s worth noting that all lenders make their decision, it’s not any of the credit reference agencies. Every lender has a differing criteria and a number of requirements – there’s no universal grade to achieve to pass for credit scoring, so you should ask the lender why you were turned down.
2. If you haven’t registered on the electoral roll, which means the lender couldn’t confirm your identity and address or if you’ve changed your name or address recently and didn’t make the lender aware on the application form.
3. Your credit history isn’t substantial enough also sometimes referred to as having a “thin credit file”. Lenders like to see history of successfully repaid credit. If you haven’t taken credit before, or if you’re new to the country, there might not be enough data for lenders to approve you
4. Evidence of late or missed payments, defaults, or county court judgments in your credit history. These may indicate you’ve had trouble repaying debt in the past.
5. You have an Individual Voluntary Agreement [IVA] or Debt Management Plan. This might suggest that you can’t afford any more debt at the moment.
6. Multiple credit applications in a short space of time willl also show a red flag, as it could suggest you’re in financial trouble.
7. There was a genuine mistake on your application form which means that you could not bbe traced or authenticated.
8. You’re financially associated with someone who has a bad credit history.
9. Your employment history. If you have a number of short term jobs which may show instability of employment and a potential for being out of work in the future.
It also helps to get a copy of your Experian Credit Report – check it for accuracy and anything listed above.
Have a question about vehicle leasing?
Top 10 benefits of vehicle leasing ▸LEARN MORE
Your simple 5-Step guide to getting started ▸LEARN MORE
Email : email@example.com
Phone : 0333 567 8888
Company Address :
We are social...
Regal Garage (Bromsgrove) Ltd trading as Regal Autolease are a credit broker and not a lender, we are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered No : 787993
Registered in England & Wales with company number : 00554796 | Data Protection No : ZA140638 | VAT No : 111 4829 00
Registered Office : Prydis, Senate Court, Southernhay Gardens, Exeter, England, EX1 1NT
All vehicle images and descriptions are for illustration and reference purposes only.
All vehicle leases are subject to credit approval and subject to change at any time.
Copyright © 2021 Regal Autolease, All rights reserved.
Driven with caffeine powered by CALAS